Internet of Things(IoT), which is commonly understood to entail the inter-networking of devices in the physical world by connecting them with sensors and network-connected devices. IoT, one of the most talked-about information technology (IT) solutions, has emerged as a new technology paradigm to create business agility and predictability by analyzing data coming from devices and sensors. To manage the massive data generated by inter-connected devices, IoT platform incorporates innovative technologies in data management, platform, processing, real time analytics, and visualization. This course is designed for managers, analysts, architects and developers seeking an understanding of Internet of Things(IoT) concepts, the related technology landscape and deployment patterns.
In this program, Instructor will explain and illustrate IoT concepts, Platform, devices and Sensors, IoT security and challenges with various industry deployment use cases.
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
The purpose of the three (3) weeks intensive certificate program is to provide high level understanding of IoT concepts, Platform, devices and Sensors, IoT security and challenges with various IoT applications and industry deployment use cases.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for individuals seeking to master the IoT concepts, platform, devices and sensors, IoT security and challenges with various IoT applications and industry deployment use cases.
IoT is a growing field that is likely to have a significant impact on business operations and efficiency in the next few years. Whether you’re a middle manager, senior manager, entrepreneur with an existing company, or a new business owner, this program will help you identify how IoT will affect your organization, as well as better understand how to capitalize on the opportunities IoT provides.
In addition, this course is designed to meet the needs of IoT awareness and significance among professionals across industries to fulfill professional development training requirements (3 Continuing Education Units conferred upon successful completion of the course exit examination).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to
- Understand the concept of IoT concepts, platform, inter-connected device and sensors.
- Learn IoT Platform computing architecture.
- Understand near real time data processing and data insights.
- Learn basic concepts and architecture of IoT platform of Fog and cloud architecture.
- Various IoT applications with industry use cases.
- IoT Security and challenges
There are no formal prerequisites for this course and is open to any professional seeking to practical knowledge of Big Data concepts, tools, platform, and deployment use cases as part of their professional career development.
This class will be presented as ONLINE course spanning a period of three (3) weeks. In addition to study materials presented in your classroom (text is included as part of your registration) and recorded lectures, you will also have direct interaction with your instructor and other students by way of asynchronous discussions. While this course has been designed for students/ working professionals being delivered in an interactive online classroom learning environment that accommodates busy schedules, each participant understands that the required progression of weekly assignments and discussions necessitates a minimum of ten (10) hours devotion per each week of the class.
Module 1: Basic Concepts and characteristics of IoT
- Demystifying IoT concepts and technology architecture.
- IoT technological capabilities in implementing IoT for strategic advantage in business
Module 2: Key IoT technologies
- Key IoT technologies can improve organizational productivity and add value
- Inter-connected devices and sensors topology
Module 3: Aligning IoT with business goals and strategy
- Key significance of IoT based applications in business
Module 4: Creating IoT Deployment roadmap a
- Implementation of IoT in a business
Module 5: IoT computing architecture
- Understanding of various technology architecture in needed for IoT data capture and processing
- Fog computing architecture
- Scale out IoT computing platform architecture
Module 6: IoT inter-connected devices and sensors
Module 7: IoT Security and Challenges
Module 8: IoT and Big Data Analytics
Module 9: Data Discovery and Visualization
- Business Intelligence reporting, dashboard and analytics
- Data Visualization(DVT) tools Endeca and Tableau
Module 10- IoT applications and Industry use cases